Ultimate Family Pack Rules & Regulations
HITMEN ULTIMATE FAMILY PACK TRIP GIVEAWAY CONTEST
THE HITMEN ULTIMATE FAMILY PACK TRIP GIVEAWAY CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN ALBERTA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN ALBERTA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. Contest period.
(a) The Contest begins on March 1, 2016 at 12:00 pm MST and ends on Tuesday, January 5 at 11:59 PM MST (the “Contest Period”)
2. Eligibility. Contest is open to any individual that purchases a regular priced ($444 + taxes) 2016-2017 Ultimate Family Pack who are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
The following individuals are not eligible to enter:
(a) Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of: (i) Calgary Sports & Entertainment Corporation (Calgary Flames, Calgary Hitmen, Calgary Roughnecks, Calgary Stampeders, Adirondack Thunder and Stockton Heat), (ii) the applicable prize supplier(s) for the Contest (b) a member of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the foregoing individuals. Additional eligibility criteria may be stated from time to time in connection with the Contest.
(b) Ultimate Family Pack Holders that have received their tickets complimentary ($0) or as part of a membership or sponsorship agreement
3. How to enter. Entry into the Contest is subject to these Contest Rules, including without limitation the conditions of entry set forth below. To enter the Contest
(a) Purchase a 2016-2017 Ultimate Family Pack by January 5, 2017 online or over the phone with an Account Manager or Calgary Sports and Entrertainment Sales Representative. Receive one entry per Ultimate Family Pack purchased.
(b) Mailed entries with accompanying payment must be received by January 5, 2017. The Sponsor is not responsible for any entries not received
Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a Third Party Service, including third party websites all entrants acknowledge that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor and not to any Third Party Service.
4. Ineligible Attempts at Entry. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Contest Rules shall be deemed to be tampering and will void all of your Entries. Entries that contain false information and/or are late, lost, stolen, falsified, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or Entries that have been submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or through illicit means, or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of these Contest Rules, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be judged null and void and disqualified. Only Entries received by the Sponsor will be considered.
5. Proof of Identity. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
6. Conditions of Entry. By entering the Contest, you: (a) agree to be bound by these Contest Rules, including without limitation the eligibility requirements set forth herein; (b) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and its representatives, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive (without appeal) on all matters relating to the Contest
7. Winner Selection. On January 13, 2017 in [Calgary, Alberta] at approximately 11:00 AM MST, one winner will be randomly drawn by the Sponsor for the one (1) grand prize.
- The Sponsor or its designated representative will make three (3) attempts to contact the Selected Entrant by telephone or email (using the information provided at the time of entry) within three (3) business days of the Draw Date. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or three (3) business days of the Draw Date (whichever occurs first), or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then that selected entrant will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and subject to time constraints, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible
8. Contest Prize
(a) There will be one (1) grand prize which will consist of a trip for four (4) to Disneyland (Economy Airfare, Hotel for three (3) nights, Park Passes and $2,000 USD spending money). The trip has a total approximate value of $10,000 CDN. The grand prize winner will be responsible for all other expenses relating to the prize including ground transportation, meals, entertainment and any other expense not explicitly included in the prize description.
(b) Choice of airline and hotel will be at the discretion of the sponsor.
9. General Prize Conditions
Any prizes awarded pursuant to these Contest Rules are subject to the following terms and conditions: (a) Grand Prize winners and their travel guests must be in possession of a valid passport and other necessary travel documents upon selection, which documents must be valid prior to, and for the duration of the trip. (b) Grand Prize winners and each of his/her guests must be able to travel to the United States of America. Failure to obtain necessary travel documentation, including but not limited to, to any requisite Travel Consent Forms proving that the custodial parent or legal guardian has the requisite permission to travel with a Minor, will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize; (c) no financial compensation will be made or required if actual prize value is lower than the approximate value of the prize as advertised or otherwise provided; (d) prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment, unless otherwise determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or the prize supplier(s); (e) prizes may not be exactly as advertised; (f) prizes are provided “as is” without further representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind, whether express or implied; (g) any unused portion of a prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited by the applicable winner and no financial compensation will be made or required in respect of such unused portion; (h) prizes will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen; (i) the Sponsor and/or the prize supplier(s) reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or a component of a prize with a prize or a component of a prize (as applicable) of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, a monetary award, if the prize or prize component cannot be awarded by the Sponsor and/or the prize supplier(s) for any reason; once awarded, prizes may not be resold or commercially traded in any manner, directly or indirectly, and the Sponsor reserves the right to ban or disqualify any entrant from the Contest, including future contests, should it reasonably believe such entrant to have acted or attempted to act in contravention of the foregoing restriction; (j) the winners shall be responsible for the payment of, where applicable, all taxes and registrations fees (including but not limited to federal and provincial and local income, sales, use and franchise taxes) on any prizes awarded and for any other costs or expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specifically described herein. In addition, unless otherwise stated, there is a limit of one (1) eligible winner per household per Contest.
Conditions of Winning
To be declared a winner from amongst the Finalists, a potential winner the Selected Entrant must: (i) be in full compliance with these Contest Rules; and (ii) in the Sponsor’s absolute discretion, before accepting a contest prize, sign and return a release of liability and consent to publicity form within the time period specified in such form, and any other documentation as may reasonably be required by the Sponsor in its absolute discretion. If a selected entrant: (a) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time, then he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and subject to time constraints, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining entries.
10. Consent to Publicity.
By being declared a Selected Entrant, if applicable, you authorize the Sponsor and its licensees, successors, assigns, agents, representatives and employees the right, licence and permission to record, photograph and/or otherwise capture or document you and/or your likeness, including without limitation your voice and any statements you may make regarding the Contest prize, by any available means, and to use any such recordings, photographs or documents, as well as your image and/or likeness appearing therein, and your biographical information, including your name, city and province/territory of residence, throughout the world and in perpetuity, in all manner and media, whether now known or hereafter devised, for advertising or promotional purposes relating to the Contest (or any substantially similar contest), without limitation and without compensation or additional consideration, notification, or permission of any kind, unless prohibited by law; and you waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in respect of any materials produced pursuant to the foregoing, including without limitation rights of inspection, approval, compensation, additional consideration or notification, and moral rights.
11. Limitation of Liability. The Releasees are not responsible for: (a) stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions, email or mail; (b) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider, website, or other connections, including those through and/or by any website; (c) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (d) failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; (e) non-delivered, misdirected, blocked, or delayed email notifications; (f) printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Contest Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or (g) any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, the announcement of a prize or in any Contest-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any event; or (h) any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions of any kind, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or resulting from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or arising in connection with participation in the Contest (including any physical injury suffered by the entrant) or the acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or non-use of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof) that may be awarded, or for claims based on publicity rights, copyright or intellectual property infringement, defamation or intrusion of privacy.
13. Consent to Receive Electronic Messages Relating to the Contest. By entering the Contest and providing an Entry, each Entrant hereby consents to receive commercial electronic messages, including via email and social media, from the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation relating to their involvement in the Contest. Such consent may be withdrawn at any time by contacting the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation at the coordinates set out below. Further information relating to this consents follows:
Organization Seeking Consent: Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
Contact Information: Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation 555 Saddledome Rise S.E., Calgary, Alberta T2G 2W1 email: email@example.com
14. Cancel and Amend. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend any Contest or to amend these Contest Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever and without any liability to the Entrant. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, bug, corruption, security breach or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, then the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest.
15. Conduct. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice, and/or ban from any contest, including future contests, any entrant that it finds to be: violating these Contest Rules; tampering or attempting to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website, violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor property or service or any Third Party Service, rules, regulations, guidelines, standards and policies; and/or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, HITMENHOCKEY.COM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA SITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
16. Identity of an Online Entrant. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of any online entrant, the applicable Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the account provided at the time of entry. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the account associated with a particular entry. The individual assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning the applicable type of account is considered the authorized account holder. Whether or not an individual constitutes the authorized account holder in question will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion; and, if the name of the authorized account holder does not accord with the full name provided at the time of entry, the applicable Entry may be disqualified in the Sponsor’s absolute discretion.
17. Language Discrepancy. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Contest entry form and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
18. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited
19. Law. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.